[Others] I have an invention , but what to do next?

2008-3-27 15:26
Hello everyone

I have an invention ,it`s a new device for building fire escape , and now I am very puzzled because I don`t know what to do next .Though I work hard to try to promote it ,but so far it still seems hopeless .

Is an invention really a nightmare for one poor inventor? Are all inventions always \"fool`gold\" for inventors ?

What shall I do ?

http://jinshi.selfrescue.googlepages.com/
分享到 :
0 人收藏

3 个回复

倒序浏览
George  中级会员 | 2008-3-27 23:21:56

Re:I have an invention , but what to do next?

To invent is one thing, to market an invention is another thing.

On one hand, lots of factories lack which have no their own expertise are closing, on the other hand, lots of valuable patent becomes  just a paper certified by SIPO.

To successfully market an invention, you may have to be more creative and industrious than making an invention.
广告位说明
JackyMay  新手上路 | 2008-3-31 22:22:38

you should turn to businessman for help, not patent attorney ^^
dangjw  新手上路 | 2008-4-24 16:37:08

first, you must rethinking your invention from a bussiness man\'s position. Can it bring profit? This question may be too big and can\'t be answered directly. Then you can divide it into a group of small questions:
1.  Whether the thecnical porblems you have setteled takes a great effect on the quality, cost of the product?
2. Does your invention has some disadvantages? For exzample, it\'s not very reliable
or  its manufacturing needs a new factory line and is too costful.
3. Thinking about the market. Is it huge or small? If it\'s only a small and non-profitable market, then you must compare the profit and your time and money cost to put it into business, and make a desicion whether it worth your effort.
4.If you have a strong belief that your invention will give a good profit to you and the investor, you need to search the can-be investors, that is who need it. For example, you can  visit these fire escaping equipment factory, describle your device and persuade them to use it.
5.If you are lucky, some one has a strong intrest on your invention, then what you are facing is a negotiation. In the negotiating process, maybe you need to find some professionals to help you protect your interest.
6. then, you can make money from your patent.

In the above steps, if you found that your patent cann\'t make money for you in a long term, maybe you should consider abondoning it, to save the annual patent fees.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

hzzj

新手上路

积分: 帖子: 精华:

楼主热帖

QQ|( 冀ICP备05010901号 )|博派知识产权