hi everyone,

(Please also refer to my post in Chinese: http://www.biopatent.cn/bbs/post/view?bid=23&id=121096&sty=1#121096 )

I am an engineer doing telecommunication / IC design in an oversea R&D center of a leading MNC. I have studied and worked in U.S. and Singapore for 4 years and had experience of reviewing U.S. patents of competitors and filing my own U.S. patent (I\'m the 1st inventor).

Now I am considering to join the IP (U.S. patent) related business in China coz I always think the field is very promising especially considering the trend that many Chinese high tech companies will directly compete with leading interntional players in 5-10 years. That will create enormous opporturnities of U.S. patent related business and needs of IP strategy consulting. If I want to start a new career in an international law firm in China as a U.S. patent agent, what would you suggest (career growth, salary, ect.) ? Any opportunity? Is it feasible? Any good firms to recommend (preferably in Beijing or Shanghai)?

Of course, I won\'t care too much about the starting salary.

btw, if I wanna develop a long term career in this area, is it necessary to get a JD in U.S.? How\'s opportunity to get admitted by a top program if starting as a U.S. patent agent  in China?

Thanks a lot.  Any comment is welcome !!
分享到 :
0 人收藏

1 个回复

倒序浏览
maryyan  注册会员 | 2007-12-14 23:34:22

Re:Help: an oversea R&D engineer wanna join IP related business

I now work at a patent agency in shanghai.
I think you will get more opportunities in Beijing than in Shanghai.
International law firm in China has few patent agent and few patent case as far as I know.
I suggest you go work for US companies as patent consultant.
广告位说明
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

stonepiece

新手上路

积分: 帖子: 精华:

楼主热帖

QQ|( 冀ICP备05010901号 )|博派知识产权